Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Life's Transitions Are No Simple Task

If there is one thing that I have learned from my life this far is that it is always changing and changes can be WAY hard. I have always been the girl that hated moving up a grade in school, starting some new hobby, and meeting new people. I still fear walking into a room of people (doesn't matter if I know them or not) by myself and have them all staring at me. Sometimes I just fear new experiences, no matter how great they can be.

Almost EVERY TIME I learn to love the new experience that I am in, it's just the transition that is the hardest part. Marriage has been a huge transitional stage in my life. While I was very confident in this transition and knew that I would be very happy with Jake, there definitely have been hard days. . .

It's amazing how I see hand of the Lord helping me out through my past transitions and my current ones. When I knelt across the alter from my sweetheart, I knew that I was making the right decision, and I knew that the Lord was with me. I could feel Him right there next to us, knowing that he will help us along our way. It was one of the most happiest moments in my life. Sometimes it's easy to forget the hand of the Lord after a long day of work and opening the empty fridge trying to figure out something to eat, while not having a desire to do anything but watch TV. Sometimes it's hard to acknowledge to the Lord on days like these.This is where our greatest amount of FAITH and DILIGENCE should kick in. Nothing takes true diligence until it becomes something that is hard to push through. I know countless times already I have lived below what I know the Lord would expect of me because I have felt too tired or too lazy.

It's amazing to see the blessings of the Lord when I give some effort to fulfill the many responsibilities that I have. Recently Jake and I were able to borrow another car for a while thanks to my loving parents, and we got a really good grant for school. Jake has also been an amazing blessing to me and serves me when I feel down after he has had a long day himself. Scriptures and prayer have also been great blessings to me to help keep a peaceful mood.

Even though transitions are hard, they are totally worth it when we push forth with continual diligence to complete the responsibilities that are laid before us. The Lord acknowledges our efforts and blesses us accordingly. We should never forget how he is always there helping us every step of the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment