Wednesday, May 22, 2013

You are never alone

Now that the semester is over for Jake, he has been getting more hours at maceys. It reminds me of last summer when I worked the 8 to 5 shift and he worked the 2 to 10 shift. I miss him. I have been trying to move forward - but it's hard when you are sitting home alone, your pregnancy hormones are still trying to taper down, and you have nobody to hug. 

I had a follow up miscarriage appointment today. Every day since I have found out, things have become a little easier, but going back to the doctor today, my emotions were definitely triggered again.

I am one of those people who tries to put on a positive face, despite whatever feelings I am feeling. I have been wondering why it is I exactly do that. I often times feel embarrassed to cry, or show emotions. I guess I don't like a lot of attention drawn to myself, and want to feel like I can handle everything on my own. 

Truth is, I can't. Truth is, I am not supposed to. 

God is always there supporting and loving us every step of the way. Often times he is their through other people. We need to let those people in and show them that they are needed. We need to let God's love in. We cannot and should not go through life on our own - blessings are all around us if we just look. 

I know this is something that is hard for a lot of people to do, especially me. But I am so grateful that I have a husband who, may not understand me when I get into my emotional phases, but is there to comfort me. Being married is such a blessed thing, and I know it was created by God. 

So I guess what I am trying to say is that we have God, our significant other, and all of our other loved ones to help us through life challenges, and we should let them in. We never have to be alone. 


During times like this, I find this song very comforting. I hope you do too. 

No comments:

Post a Comment