Thursday, January 30, 2014

Seven Day Challenge: Writing our Prayers

Sorry! It has taken me way more than seven days to report on my last seven day challenge. If you missed what my seven day challenge was, read here

Things I have learned:
The Lord is my right hand man, and is readily watching out for me. Each night I wrote what happened in my day to the Lord. This helped me to realize that He is there watching out for me even more than I realize. This challenge came at one of the most stressful weeks that I have had in a long time. When I would write, I would reflect on how much He had helped me that day, and I could not help but be grateful for that stressful day that had passed. 
I am selfish.
Because I sat down and wrote my prayers, I was able to ponder more on what really needed to be addressed to the Lord. A lot of times, I would end up writing about other people and asking what I could do to help them. When I don't write my prayers, my ponder and reflection time diminishes as I just go through the motions of what I usually say. This has helped me realize that I need to take the time to reflect about others and what I can do for them. 
I can be happy.
Writing down my prayers helped me to understand that I can be happy despite my challenges. By practicing this simple act, I have felt the spirit more abundantly in my life. I have felt the Lord's influence. I have felt the change in the way that I act. I have felt a change in perspective. I have felt happy. I have felt the desire to reach my fullest potential. 
I have felt the desire to slow down. . . 

Have you taken on this challenge? I encourage you to do so. 

No comments:

Post a Comment