Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Negative to Positive Thought: Day 4

Last Saturday I felt like the only productive thing that I got done was make dinner. The night before, Jake and his brothers camped out in the backyard, and Jake said he felt like he did not get any sleep. He did not even bring a pillow with him, but that is a different story. Because Jake did not sleep very well, he spent the morning sleeping for a couple more hours in our bed.

Of course, with having baby, I never get a full nights sleep anymore. Because Jake was sleeping, I took it upon me to sleep as well - once Marshall was down for his nap of course. This is pretty much how the whole rest of our day went. I fell asleep a couple more times even though the last few times were not intentional. It's hard not to think negatively sometimes when I have to get up in the middle of the night to tend to Marshall. Of course, I am grateful for Marshall, even with the challenges that he brings to me.

I feel very blessed that I was able to get the rest that I needed, despite my lack of productivity. I know there are women who have to get up early to work in the morning, and also have kids that they need to tend to in the middle of the night. Most mornings, I usually sleep along with Marshall during his first morning nap. If I could not have that nap, I don't know what I would do. I am very grateful to have the opportunity to rest when I need to. 

No comments:

Post a Comment