Saturday, September 13, 2014

Negative to Positive Thought: Day 5

About two weeks ago Jake and I realized that Marshall no longer will take a bottle. Because he eats every 2-3 hours, that means that we really cannot go anywhere without Marshall for an extended period of time. On Sunday we were discussing if we would  be able to go to the temple this weekend and leave Marshall with someone. Obviously, we do not want him to starve. Marshall usually eats every 2.5 to 3 hours, and depending on the wait at the temple, we decided we probably would not want to risk it.

Marshall definitely takes a lot of our time and energy. Now, if we want to go out on a date, we will have to bring Marshall along, unless we are gone for less than a couple hours. It seems like we cannot get through a movie or a card game in one sitting because Marshall is needing our attention. There are also other activities that are harder to do with Marshall involved. I definitely miss the alone time that Jake and I used to have.

I now see why people say that our lives will never be the same. I feel like I took for granted the time that Jake and I used to have before Marshall was in our lives. Now when we do get some alone time, I always feel very grateful for it, and cherish it. I almost feel like Marshall has brought us closer together, not only for the cherished alone time that we have without him, but also for the time we have with him. I live for the simple moments when all three of us are sitting on the couch, enjoying our time with one another.


No comments:

Post a Comment