Friday, May 26, 2017

Miss Maylee is One!

I cannot believe that I am already celebrating this one year old! I am not sure how our family survived without this beautiful girl. Her six tooth smile is infectious, and her cheeks are devoured constantly. She is such a content and happy baby. She goes with the flow most of the time, and just enjoys whatever situation she is in.


I love watching her grow in her communication skills. She loves to say 'uh-oh' and uses it in the right context. She also waves and says 'hi' constantly. It's the best and never gets old. She also will point to things and say 'dis'. Sometimes she tries to copy words that we say, but a lot of the sounds just sound the same. She also tries to communicate by giving me things. For example, she will give me her shoes if she wants to go outside. Or she will give me a book if she wants me to read to her. She also
loves to give me things just to look at, and then she wants me to give them back to her.


She is a natural born girl. She will hug and smile at dolls or stuffed animals or give them a pat on the back. She likes to cuddle when she is tired or upset. She loves to dance. She will bounce, shake her head back and forth, and also shakes her arms whenever she hears music.

Maylee is a problem solver. It's so interesting looking at the differences between Marshall and Maylee. While Marshall was a lot more cautious and dependent, Maylee is fearless and independent. She likes to figure things out herself. For example, she can maneuver her walker anywhere she pleases. Marshall, on the other hand, would cry whenever he crashed into the wall and expect me to help him. When Maylee crashes, she pulls it backwards, turns, and starts walking again.

She is obsessed with food. This is one of the only times of day that we get an angry girl. We literally cannot feed her fast enough.She loves to manuouver herself around the legs of the table multiple times. She likes to throw balls and knock down the block towers that Marshall or I build for her. She like pulling things out of containers, and then putting them back in. She gets so excited whenever it is bath time. Splashing in the water is one of her favorite things. She enjoys trying to walk to me and can take up to nine or so steps at a time by herself.



She is interested in other babies and people, yet very cautious. She usually just needs a minute to warm up to them and likes her own little bubble at first. Oh and she likes mom around. If I leave her in the room with someone she is unfamiliar with, a tantrum will ensue.

Maylee, thank you so much for choosing me to be your mom! You have blessed our family in numerous ways. You are always turning my frowns and frustrations into smiles and relief. I can't wait to see how you develop this next year. But please don't grow up too fast!



No comments:

Post a Comment