Thursday, May 4, 2017

Mister Marsh is THREE!

Three years ago I became a mom to one of the most wonderful boys. He had cheeks galore and I am blessed that I still get to love on them!



Marshall definitely has a slow to warm up personality, but if you have patience and don't give up on him, then he will love and adore you. He loves tickles, and loves to give hugs and kisses. If you have an 'owie', you can count on Marshall to kiss it better for you. While he is shy and may not show it, he truly cares about others. He loves to laugh and giggle with his friends, and will always watch out the window saying 'bye friends, see ya' when they leave. He is also starting to ask to play with friends, so that's been fun! Marshall especially loves his little sister, Maylee. He will ask for her if she is asleep, or if he wants her to do an activity with him. He likes to rub her head and say, 'soft, soft, soft'.


Marshall's language development has required a lot of patience, but I am happy to say that he is getting it! His language has exploded the past couple of months, and you can often see the wheels turning in his head. He loves to narrate any movie that he watches by telling me what he sees. He also loves to narrate his books. He still talks in his own made up language a lot, but uses it more as a filler. So you'll hear made up words and real words combined when he talks. He has been starting to sing a bit, and when he switches to a different song he will make the sound of a radio tuning. He is also learning how to problem solve. One of my favorites recently was when he saw a scratch mark on the wall. He pointed to the wall and said, 'oh no! . . . hammer!'. Then he went into the coat closet and got Jake's tool box so he could hammer the wall and fix it.

He is obsessed with trucks and cars. He also loves to paint and play with play dough. However, one of his most favorite things to do is play in the dirt outside. The pool is becoming a new favorite too! He knows how to watch movies or play games on our phones. Some of his favorites right now are Monsters Inc., Peanuts, and Daniel Tiger. A new favorite activity for him is dancing. He is always asking to dance, so it's been fun for us to get up and get moving a bit! He also loves to climb on the bed and pretend to sleep so he can say, 'wake up!'. We often get a big blanket out so we can build a fort, and he is obsessed with that.

I have changed in a lot of ways since I have become a mom. I look back on these crazy fast three years and realize that Marshall has helped me in tremendous ways. He has helped me to understand myself as we both have similar personalities. He has helped me to appreciate my own mother and for the patience it took her to raise me. He has helped me to adjust my priorities so I am more focused on loving others and not just getting things done. He has helped me to enjoy life and to laugh more. He has helped me to understand the love that my Heavenly parents have for me. He has been my buddy since day one, and continues to be. We definitely do have our trying moments, but the good always outweighs the bad with this kid. Thanks for blessing me three years ago, and for continuing to bless me! I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment